This guide will walk you through establishing a connection required for the Greenhouse integration. It is divided into five sections.
Section 1: Before You Connect
The Greenhouse connection requires a Webhook configuration in Greenhouse. You must be a Greenhouse Site Admin with the Developer Permissions listed below to set up the connection.
Manage and configure web hooks
To view or add developer permissions to a Greenhouse user, navigate to the Users configure page (Configure icon > Users), select user, and navigate to the Permissions panel. Check the box for the Developer Permission listed above.
Section 2: Clone Workflow
This Task will be completed by a representative from Paylocity while on a call with the customer. The steps in this section will need to be completed separately for each Greenhouse company/application.
- Step 1: On the left menu, click/expand Integration Management.
- Step 2: Select Workflows from the drop-down menu.
- Step 3: On the next screen, click Workflow Templates located on sub menu at the top of your screen.
Step 4: Click the Clone button to the right of the workflow titled Import Onboarding Employee | Greenhouse >> Paylocity.
- Step 5: Go back to the main menu, and select Workflows.
- Step 6: Click My Workflows located on the sub menu at the top of your screen.
- Step 7: Click the workflow titled Employees [New Hires] Greenhouse [Harvest] >> Paylocity Onboarding.
- Step 8: On the next screen, select the Webhook text to the right of the purple flag located at the top left of your screen.
- Step 9: Copy the full URL to the right of the text that says, "Post payload to". (Note: Make sure to paste this somewhere safe, because this URL will be used in the next section, and you will send it to the customer via secure mail later in this section.)
- Step 10: Click the Enable Basic Authentication button.
- Step 11: Copy the Username and Password that appear under the Disable Basic Authentication button. (Note: Make sure to paste these values somewhere safe, because this URL will be used in the next section, and you will send it to the customer via secure mail on the next step.)
- Step 12: Send the URL (from Step 9) and the Username and Password (from Step 11) to the customer via secure mail.
Section 3: Web Hook Setup in Greenhouse
This Task will be completed by the customer.
- Step 1: Log in to Greenhouse.
- Step 2: To open Settings, click the gear icon located at the top right of your screen.
- Step 3: Click Dev Center located on the left menu.
- Step 4: Scroll until you see the Web Hooks option, then select it by clicking the Web Hooks link.
- Step 5: You will be taken to another screen in the Dev Center. Select Web Hooks again.
Step 6: Enter the following values in the Create a New Web Hook form. After filling out the five values below, click the Advanced Settings link.
- Name this web hook: Paylocity Integration
- When: Candidate has been hired (select from the drop-down menu)
- Endpoint URL: Enter the value obtained in Section 2, Step 9.
- Secret Key: Enter your Paylocity Company ID.
- Error Recipient Email: Enter the email that should receive any errors.
Step 7: The Advanced Settings options will appear. Enter the following values. Then, click the Create Web hook option.
- Username: Enter the username obtained in Section 4, Step 11.
- Password: Enter the password obtained in Section 4, Step 11.
- Disabled: No
- Step 8: If successful, you will see a message at the top of your screen that says "Web hook created successfully". If you receive a 401 error, this indicates that the values are incorrect, so you will need to double check the values and complete the form again.
Please sign in to leave a comment.