This guide will walk you through establishing a connection required for the Xero integration. It is divided into two sections.
- Before You Connect
- Establish Connection
Section 1: Before You Connect
- The customer must have the administrator role in Xero.
- The following credentials must be provided by the customer to the Paylocity Tech Services representative while on a call.
- Client ID
- Client Secret
- Access Token
- Refresh Token
- Tenant ID
- Xero Tenant ID
Section 2: Establish Connection
Paylocity Tech Services Representative Establishes Xero Connection in Cloudsnap
This Task will be completed by a representative from Paylocity while on a call with the Early Access customer. The Customer must provide Xero credentials to the Paylocity Tech Services Representative while on the call.
- Step 1: Log in to Cloudsnap at app.cloudsnap.com. On the left menu, click/expand Integration Management.
- Step 2: Click Apps under Integration Management. This will take you to the My Apps screen.
- Step 3: Scroll to the Xero app. If the Xero app is not in the My Apps screen, see Add App to MY APPS. Click the Connect button.
- Step 4: Enter the customer's credentials as shown in the form below. Then, click the Connect button.
- Step 5: You will be taken to the Xero login screen. Enter the customer's email and password. Then, click the Log In button.
- Step 6: On the next screen, select the organization you want to connect from the drop-down menu. Then, click the Allow Access button. This will take you back to Cloudsnap.
- Step 7: Once in Cloudsnap, you will see the Test Connection for Xero screen. Click the Test Connection button.
- Step 8: Cloudsnap will test the connection, and you will see a message indicating success or failure.
- If the connection succeeds, this indicates that the Xero connection has been established, and the connection can be used for Xero workflows.
- If the connection fails, check and correct the Xero credentials, and repeat Steps 3-7.