This guide will walk you through establishing a connection required for the QuickBooks Time (formerly Tsheets) integration. It is divided into three sections.
- Before You Connect
- Establish Connection
- Name QuickBooks (QB) Time Application
Note: Similar to QB Time, QuickBooks Online (QBO) also has the ability to create timesheets using the QBO Timesheets module. It is recommended to check with the Customer to confirm whether they are using QB Time or the QBO Timesheets module before proceeding with this connection guide. This guide is only intended for Customers using QB Time.
Section 1: Before You Connect
- The QB Time connection requires basic authentication with an email address and a password in QB Time. You must be a QB Time administrator to set up the connection.
Section 2: Establish Connection
Paylocity Tech Services Representative Establishes QB Time Connection in Cloudsnap
This Task will be completed by a representative from Paylocity while on a call with the Early Access customer. The Customer must provide QB Time credentials to the Paylocity Tech Services Representative while on the call.
- Step 1: Log in to Cloudsnap at app.cloudsnap.com. On the left menu, click/expand Integration Management.
- Step 2: Click Apps under Integration Management. This will take you to the My Apps screen.
- Step 3: Scroll to the QB Time app. If the QB Time app is not in the My Apps screen, see Add App to MY APPS.
- Step 4: Click Connect.
- Step 5: The Connecting to QuickBooks Time pop-up window will appear. Click the Connect button. This will take you to the QuickBooks Time Sign-In page.
- Step 6: Obtain the sign-in credentials from the Customer. Enter the phone number, email, or user ID. Then, click Sign In.
- Step 7: On the next screen, enter the password. Then, click Continue.
- Step 8: On the next screen, click Allow. This will take you back to Cloudsnap.
- Step 9: Once in Cloudsnap, you will see the Select Instance of QuickBooks Time screen. Select QuickBooks Time - PCTY Test from the drop-down menu.
- Step 10: Click the Save and Test button.
- Step 11: Cloudsnap will test the connection, and you will see a message indicating success or failure.
- If the connection succeeds, this indicates that the QB Time connection has been established, and the connection can be used for QB Time workflows.
- If the connection fails, check and correct the QB Time credentials, and repeat Steps 4-10.
Section 3: Name QB Time Application
Paylocity Tech Services Names QB Time Application in Cloudsnap
This Task will be completed by a representative from Paylocity while on a call with the Early Access customer.
- Step 1: Click the vertical ellipsis to the right of the QB Time application.
- Step 2: Click Settings from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Step 3: You will be taken to the Edit App screen. In the first field (Name), name the QB Time application according to the naming convention below.
- “QB Time” - <Company> - <Company ID>
- Company: Test Company
- Company ID: 123456
- QB Time Application Name: QuickBooks Time - Test Company - 123456
- Step 4: In the Env field, select the Production environment from the drop-down menu.
- Step 5: Click the Submit button at the bottom right of your screen.