This guide will walk you through establishing a connection required for the QuickBooks Time (formerly Tsheets) integration. It is divided into three sections.
Note: Similar to QB Time, QuickBooks Online (QBO) also has the ability to create timesheets using the QBO Timesheets module. It is recommended to check with the Customer to confirm whether they are using QB Time or the QBO Timesheets module before proceeding with this connection guide. This guide is only intended for Customers using QB Time.
Section 1: Before You Connect
- The QB Time connection requires basic authentication with an email address and a password in QB Time. You must be a QB Time administrator to set up the connection.
Section 2: Establish Connection
Paylocity Tech Services Representative Establishes QB Time Connection in Cloudsnap
This Task will be completed by a representative from Paylocity while on a call with the Early Access customer. The Customer must provide QB Time credentials to the Paylocity Tech Services Representative while on the call.
- Step 1: Log in to Cloudsnap at app.cloudsnap.com. On the left menu, click/expand Integration Management.
- Step 2: Click Apps under Integration Management. This will take you to the My Apps screen.
- Step 3: Scroll to the QB Time app. If the QB Time app is not in the My Apps screen, see Add App to MY APPS.
- Step 4: Click Connect.
- Step 5: The Connecting to QuickBooks Time pop-up window will appear. Click the Connect button. This will take you to the QuickBooks Time Sign-In page.
- Step 6: Obtain the sign-in credentials from the Customer. Enter the phone number, email, or user ID. Then, click Sign In.
- Step 7: On the next screen, enter the password. Then, click Continue.
- Step 8: On the next screen, click Allow. This will take you back to Cloudsnap.
- Step 9:You'll see the screen below. This indicates that the credentials have been stored.
- Step 10: Return to Paylocity and navigate to the ☰ Workspace selection menu in the upper-left corner of the page. Select Marketplace.
- Step 11: Select My Integrations.
- Step 12: Select Drafts.
- Step 13: Select the Continue Setup button on the NetSuite app tile.
- Step 14: Enter the values copied from the previous Sections into the authentication fields and click Authenticate.