This guide will walk you through establishing a connection required for the Salesforce integration. It's divided into three sections.
- Before You Connect
- Create Paylocity App in Salesforce
- Establish Connection
Section 1: Before You Connect
Preconditions and Important Notes
- You must have an Admin account to log in to Salesforce on the Lightning platform.
- You'll need the following values that are generated in Salesforce (see Section 2). These will be used in Section 3 in order to complete the connection for this integration.
- Consumer Key
- Consumer Secret
- Domain Name
Section 2: Create Paylocity App in Salesforce
- Step 1: Log into Salesforce as an administrator.
- Step 2: Click the gear icon to select the Setup option.
- Step 3: In the left navigation menu, select Apps. Then, select App Manager.
- Step 4: Click New Connected App.
- Step 5: In the SETUP App Manager, complete three required fields (indicated with a red bar on the field's left.)
- Connected App Name: Paylocity Integration
- API Name: Paylocity Integration
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Step 6: Complete the API (Enable OAuth Settings) section:
- Select Enable OAuth Settings
- Enter the Callback URL: https://app.cloudsnap.com/oauth_flow/complete
- For Selected OAuth Scopes, select all available, then add them by clicking the right arrow as shown in the screenshot below.
- Select Require Secret for Web Server Flow
- Select Require Secret for Refresh Token Flow
- Step 7: Scroll to the bottom and click the Save button.
- Step 8: After up to 10 minutes, copy the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret under API (Enable OAuth Settings), These are needed in in order to complete the connection.
- Step 9: You will need to obtain your Salesforce Domain Name. In the address bar, copy the first part of the URL as shown in the screenshot below. This is the Domain Name and it will be needed to complete the next section. Make sure to copy it and save it somewhere accessible.
- Note: The below screenshot is just an example, and your Domain Name will be different.
Section 3: Establish Connection
Task 1: Make connection in Marketplace
- Step 1: Return to Paylocity and navigate to the ☰ Workspace selection menu in the upper-left corner of the page. Select Marketplace.
- Step 2: Select My Integrations.
- Step 3: Select Drafts.
- Step 4: Select the Continue Setup button on the Salesforce app tile.
- Step 5: Enter the values copied from the previous Sections into the authentication fields and click Authenticate.