This guide will walk you through establishing a connection required for the Slack integration. It is divided into two sections.
Section 1: Before You Begin
- The Customer must have the administrator role in Slack.
- This integration requires that clients have the Slack Business+ or Enterprise Grid plan.
Section 2: Establish Connection
Task 1: Paylocity Representative Generates Link
This Task will be completed by a representative from Paylocity while on a call with the Customer.
- Step 1: On the left menu, click/expand Integration Management.
- Step 2: Click Apps from the drop-down menu.
- Step 3: Scroll down until you see the Slack application. Click the application icon or anywhere within the row where the Slack application is located.
- Step 4: You will be taken to the Slack screen. Click the App Options button on the top right of your screen.
- Step 5: Select Generate link from the drop-down menu.
- Step 6: A link will appear under the App Options button. Copy the link by highlighting the text, right-clicking, and selecting Copy.
- Step 7: At this point, Paylocity will provide the link to the Customer while on the call and keep the current Cloudsnap page open.
Task 2: Customer Connects to Slack
This Task will be completed by the Customer while still on the call with their Paylocity representative.
- Step 1: Paste the link into your browser and press Enter. It will take you to the Connect Paylocity to Slack SCIM screen. Click Connect.
- Step 2: You will be taken to Slack. If you have multiple Slack workspaces, select the correct workspace by clicking the down arrow located at the top right of your screen and choosing the workspace you want to use for the integration. Once the correct workspace is selected, click Allow.
- Step 3: You will see the screen below. This indicates that the credentials have been stored.
Task 3: Paylocity Tech Services Confirms Connection in Cloudsnap
This Task will be completed by a representative from Paylocity while on the call with the Customer.
Step 1: After the Customer confirms that their credentials have been stored (Task 2, Step 3), click the Test Connection button in Cloudsnap at the top right of your screen. If you are no longer on the Slack page in Cloudsnap, follow Steps 1-2 in Task 1 of this section.
If successful, a green checkmark will appear to the left of the Test Connection button.
- If the connection succeeds, this indicates that the Slack connection has been established, and the connection can be used for Slack workflows.
- If the connection fails, check and correct the Slack credentials.
- If successful, a green checkmark will appear to the left of the Test Connection button.