This guide will walk you through establishing a connection required for the Smartsheet integration. It's divided into three sections.
Section 1: Before You Begin
Smartsheet Administrator Role
- You'll need to have the administrator role in Smartsheet.
- The API Token will need to be obtained from Smartsheet (see Section 2). It's important to copy and store it somewhere safe until it's ready to use in Section 3. The API Token can only be shown once, so it is imperative that you save this value securely once it's created.
Section 2: Customer Obtains API Access Token
Task 1: Obtain the API Access Token
- Step 1: Log in to Smartsheet.
- Step 2: Click the Account icon.
- Step 3: Click Apps & Integrations.
- Step 4: Click API Access.
- Step 5: Click Generate new access token.
- Step 6: Enter the API Access Token Name, it should be Paylocity Integration, and click OK.
- Step 7: The following pop up is displayed with the new access token. Copy and save the API Access Token. The API Token can only be shown once, so it is imperative that you save this value securely once it's created. You'll use this token to connect to Paylocity in Section 3, task 2, step 1 below. Click OK.
- Step 8: The new token is displayed in the list. Click Close.
Section 3: Establish Connection
Task 1: Make connection in Marketplace
- Step 1: Return to Paylocity and navigate to the ☰ Workspace selection menu in the upper-left corner of the page. Select Marketplace.
- Step 2: Select My Integrations.
- Step 3: Select Drafts.
- Step 4: Select the Continue Setup button on the Smartsheet app tile.
- Step 5: Enter the values copied from the previous Sections into the authentication fields and click Authenticate.