This guide will walk you through establishing a connection required for the Asana integration. It's divided into three sections.
Section 1: Before You Begin
Asana Administrator Role
- You'll need to have the administrator role in Asana.
Asana Team Username
- If you integrate with an organization workspace (instead of a regular workspace), the username you use during the connection process will need to be the one associated with the Asana team you choose during the mapping setup process, which will be done with a Paylocity representative sometime after completing this connection guide. It's important to know the correct team username before starting the connection.
- The values listed below are generated in Asana. You'll obtain these values in Section 2. It's important to copy and store these values somewhere safe until they're ready to use in Section 3.
- Client ID
- Client Secret
Section 2: Prepare Asana Account
Task 1: Add Paylocity Application in Asana, Obtain Client ID & Client Secret, and Add Redirect URLs
- Step 1: Log in to Asana. Click your user icon located at the top right of your screen.
- Step 2: Select My Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Step 3: Select Apps.
- Step 4: Under My Settings, select Manage Developer Apps at the bottom of your screen.
- Step 5: Select Create new app.
- Step 6: In the App Name field, enter Paylocity Integration. Agree to the API terms and conditions. Then, click the Create app button.
- Step 7: You'll see the Client ID and Client Secret as shown in the screenshot below. Copy each value by clicking the Copy buttons to the right of each. Make sure to paste these somewhere safe and accessible, because you'll need them in the next section to establish the connection.
- Step 8: On the left navigation menu, select OAuth.
- Step 9: Click the Add redirect URL button.
- Step 10: Enter the URL below, then click the Add button.
- Step 11: Click the Add redirect URL button again.
- Step 12: Enter the URL below, then click the Add button.
Step 13: You'll see two Redirect URLs as shown in the screenshot below.
Section 3: Establish Connection
Task 1: Make connection in Marketplace
- Step 1: Return to Paylocity and navigate to the ☰ Workspace selection menu in the upper-left corner of the page. Select Marketplace.
- Step 2: Select My Integrations.
- Step 3: Select Drafts.
- Step 4: Select the Continue Setup button on the Asana app tile.
- Step 5: Enter the values copied from the previous Sections into the authentication fields and click Authenticate.